Monday, December 18, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My activation dice land 6, 3 and 2, and I turn the wildcard 6 into 5.
My cavalry attack the French left-flank cavalry, the four dice being reduced because the French are in cover. I roll 6, 4 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex.
The two-strength infantry in area 3 fire at the cavalry nearest them. Their two dice are decreased for being in a river hex, but increased for being next to General Paget. I roll 5 and 4, reducing the cavalry to two-strength and forcing them to take shelter in the village of Cacabelos.
General Paget moves to support the units in area two, the more-backward of which fires at at the infantry directly to their front. Their three dice are increased for being next to the commander, and I roll 5, 4, 2 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. My other infantry in area 2 fire at the enemy directly to their front, the four dice being increased by the presence of General Paget. I roll 5, 4, 2 and two 1s, eliminating the one-strength enemy unit.
The French have been pushed back
The AI's activation dice are 5, 4, 3 and 1.
The infantry in area 1 roll 3, meaning they advance and fire at my three-strength infantry, their four dice being reduced for firing after moving. They roll 6, 5 and 1, reducing my unit to one-strength. General Colbert-Chabanais moves obliquely back to get alongside two friendly units (he prefers moving back rather than moving forward, which would also put him next to two friendly units).
The cavalry in Cacabelos roll 3, which, since we are past turn two, means they advance and attack my further-up infantry unit, rolling 5, two 4s, 3 and 2, eliminating my unit. The other cavalry in area 3 roll 1, advancing two hexes.
The left-flank cavalry roll 6, advance into the trees and attack my cavalry, rolling 5 and two 1s, reducing my unit to two-strength.
The river line is holding for the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment