Thursday, December 28, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - French Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation at the end of turn two
My activation dice land two 6s and 1. I turn the wildcard 6s into 4 and 3.
My cavalry advance two hexes.
General Colbert-Chabanais moves so he can support both of my right-flank infantry units. The three-strength infantry on the right flank fire at the British almost opposite them across the river. The four dice are increased for being next to the commander, and I roll two 5s, 4, 2 and 1, reducing the British unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex.
The infantry in area 4 fire at the cavalry opposite them, the two dice being increased for being next to the commander. I roll 6, 3 and 2, reducing the British unit to two-strength.
My French are slowly approaching the River CĂșa
The AI gets 6, 4, 2 and 1. The 6 is rerolled as 5.
The right-flank British infantry fire at the cavalry opposite them, rolling two 5s and 1, reducing my unit to one-strength. The other infantry in area 1 roll 6, advancing a hex and firing at the same target, their three dice being reduced for firing after moving. They roll 5 and 1, eliminating my unit. The artillery roll 4, which has no effect.
General Paget rolls 5, which means he wants to advance two hexes obliquely to the right, as the map is displayed, ie to his left, but he can only do so for one hex.
The infantry in area 4 fire at my forward infantry, rolling two 6s, 4 and 1, eliminating my one-strength unit. The forward cavalry in area 4 roll 6, advancing directly forward one hex and then obliquely right. The other cavalry in area 4 also roll 6, occupying the first hex the other cavalry vacated.
The infantry in area 5 roll 4, moving forward obliquely right.
A disastrous half-turn for the French - it seems I was suckered into advancing precipitately on the right flank

No comments:

Post a Comment