Sunday, December 31, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My activation dice are 5, 4 and 3. I reroll the 5 and 4, getting two wildcard 6s, which I turn into 1 and 2.
The forward infantry fire at the cavalry in the river, the two dice being increased thanks to being adjacent to General Colbert-Chabanais. I roll 5 and two 2s, eliminating the British unit. The other infantry in area 2 advance and fire at the cavalry just across the river, the three dice being reduced for firing after moving. I roll 5 and 2, eliminating the one-strength British unit.
The general moves forward two hexes obliquely to support my right-flank infantry, who fire at the British infantry in the river, their three dice being increased thanks to the presence of the commander. I roll 6, 5, 4 and 2, eliminating the British unit.
With time running out to get a unit off the top of the map, I take a risk and advance my cavalry directly forward a hex and then obliquely right.
A lot will depend on which British units get activated in the coming half-turn
The AI's dice are 5, 4 and two 1s. A 1 is rerolled, becoming 3, so every British unit will be active.
The right-flank British infantry fire at my cavalry, rolling two 4s and 1, sending my unit back two hexes. The other infantry in area 1 roll 6, moving obliquely right to approach my forward infantry. At the same time they unmask the artillery, who fire at my cavalry, their two dice being increased for being on higher ground. The dice land 5, 3 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength.
The one-strength British infantry fire at my forward infantry, their two dice being increased thanks to General Paget being with them, landing 6, 4 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. The general rolls 3, moving obliquely forward two squares, helping plug the gap in the British lines that had appeared in area 2.
The infantry in area 4 roll 4, moving forward obliquely left and fire at General Colbert-Chabanais. Their three dice are decreased for firing after moving but increased for being next to General Paget. They roll 6 and two 5s, killing my commander. The British cavalry roll 1, which has no effect as there are no French within three hexes.
The British seem to have routes to the top of the map well-guarded

No comments:

Post a Comment