Friday, December 22, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation at the end of turn six
My activation dice are 6, 5 and 4. I reroll the 5 and 4, getting two more wildcard 6s, so I can activate all my units.
My right-flank infantry fire at the left-flank French cavalry, their two dice being increased by the presence of General Paget. I roll two 4s and 1, forcing the French back to the trees behind them. General Paget moves so he can support both the other British units.
The one-strength infantry fire at the cavalry opposite them, the two dice being increased thanks to the commander, but I roll 3, 2 and 1. The two-strength infantry in area 2 fire at the same target, also getting three dice. I roll 6, 3 and 2, eliminating the cavalry.
There are three-and-a-half turns to go, but it is looking good for the British
The AI gets two 6s and two 3s. The 6s and a 3 are rerolled, but become two 4s and another 6, meaning the French cannot activate any units - perhaps they have lost heart at their considerable losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment