Saturday, December 23, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My activation dice are 6, 5 and 4. I reroll the 5 and 4, getting 2 and another 5, but that is fine as by changing the wildcard 6 into 3 I am able to activate all my units.
The one-strength infantry fire at General Colbert-Chabanais, the two dice being increased thanks to being adjacent to General Paget. I roll 6, 3 and 2, killing the French commander. The other infantry in area 2 fire at the two-strength French infantry, their three dice for firing at infantry being increased thanks to General Paget. I roll 5, 4 and two 1s, reducing the French unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex.
Paget moves one hex forward obliquely right so he can support my right-flank infantry, who advance obliquely left to fire at the right-flank French infantry. The three dice are increased thanks to the general but decreased for firing after moving. I roll 6, 3 and 1, eliminating the French unit. As I do so I realise there was no need to play this turn as, with only three turns, including this, remaining, there was no way a French unit could exit the bottom of the map before the end of turn 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment