Sunday, December 17, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation at the end of turn one
My activation dice are two 6s and 1. I reroll the 1 as 3 and turn the wildcard 6s into 4 and 5.
My cavalry advance and charge the infantry in the trees, the six dice being reduced because the French are in cover. I roll 6, two 5s, 3 and 1, eliminating the French unit.
My forward infantry move obliquely left and fire at the infantry ahead of them, the four dice being reduced for firing after moving and for firing from a river hex. I roll 6 and 3, reducing the French unit to two-strength. My other infantry in area 4 follow suit, but get three dice as they receive a bonus for being next to General Paget. I roll 4, 3 and 1, which reduces the French unit to one-strength as they have nowhere to withdraw.
General Paget remains where he is.
The French left has been largely vanquished
The AI gets three 5s and 4. Two 5s are rerolled as two 2s.
The one-strength infantry fire at my forward infantry, rolling two 6s, reducing my unit to one-strength. The other infantry in area 2 roll 2, meaning they advance, firing at my three-strength infantry in the river hex. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving, landing 5, 4 and1, which reduces my unit to two-strength but does not force it to retreat as General Paget is in support. The cavalry in area 2 also roll 2, which has no effect until after turn two.
The cavalry in area 4 roll 6, advance and enter the trees on their left to attack my cavalry, but roll two 3s, 2 and 1.
The French main body is getting nearer the River CĂșa, held by the British

No comments:

Post a Comment