Thursday, December 21, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My activation dice land 6 and two 5s. I reroll the 5s and get 4 and another 6, so I turn the wildcard 6s into 2 and 3.
There is a danger the left-flank French cavalry will simply rush to the bottom of the map and exit the battlefield, thus winning the battle. But I feel it is too risky to charge them with my commander this turn.
Instead I move General Paget obliquely back one hex to the left, and move my infantry in area 3 to occupy the hex he has vacated. They fire at the left-flank French, their two dice being reduced for firing after moving, but increased for being next to the commander. I roll 6 and 2, reducing the French unit to one-strength.
My forward infantry in area 2 fire at the cavalry opposite them, the two dice being increased by the presence of General Paget. I roll 4, 3 and 1, but the French do not fall back as they have General Colbert-Chabanais to bolster them. My remaining infantry fire at the same target, rolling 3 and 2.
The French lead 5-4 in units  but each army has six strength points left
The AI gets 6, 4 and two 1s. The 6 and a 1 are rerolled, becoming a pair of 3s.
This means only the right-flank infantry can be activated. They advance a hex and fire, by tiebreak, at my one-strength infantry. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they roll 1.
The French attack is faltering

No comments:

Post a Comment