Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My activation dice land 4, 3 and 1. I reroll 4 and 1, getting two 2s.
General Paget attacks the forward French cavalry, rolling 5 and 4, eliminating the enemy unit. The infantry next to the general attack the three-strength cavalry at bayonet-point, while the latter are wading the river. Their two dice are increased for attacking at range-one after moving and for being next to the commander. I roll three 5s and 1, eliminating the French unit.
My one-strength infantry fire at the cavalry to their front, rolling 3 and 1. My other infantry in area 2 fire at the same target, rolling 6 and 5, reducing it to one-strength.
That half-turn went about as well as I could have hoped
The AI gets 6, 5 and two 1s. The 6 and a 1 are rerolled, becoming a pair of 3s.
The infantry in area 1 advance.
The left-flank cavalry advance into the river.
Halfway through the battle and the French have still not got any men across the River CĂșa, but clearly their left-flank cavalry have suddenly become a major threat to reach the bottom of the map

No comments:

Post a Comment