Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
I roll 5 and two 3s as my activation dice. I reroll one 3, getting 2, meaning I can activate all my units.
I start with my cavalry, whose three dice are reduced because their French target is in cover, and I roll a miserable 2 and 1.
My backward infantry fire at the French infantry on the other side of the river, the three dice being increased for being next to General Paget. I roll two 6s and two 4s, reducing the French unit to one-strength and sending it fleeing to take cover in trees. My other infantry in area 2 fire at the three-strength French cavalry across the river. The two dice are increased for being next to General Paget, and I roll 4 and two 2s, causing the French unit to fall back a hex.
General Paget moves to support my infantry in the river hex, who attack the cavalry opposite them. Their two dice are decreased for attacking from a river hex but increased thanks to Paget, and I roll 6 and 1, reducing the French unit to one-strength.
The British are still holding the river, but with weakened units
The AI gets three 5s and 2. Two 5s are rerolled as two 3s.
The infantry in area 2 roll 3, meaning they advance and fire at the furthest-up of the three British units within three hexes of them, which is the infantry in the river. Their three dice are decreased for firing after moving, and they roll two 4s, forcing my men back two hexes (I choose to make the first retreat obliquely left). The cavalry in area 2 roll 1, meaning they advance two hexes. General Colbert-Chabanais advances so he is adjacent to three friendly units.
The advanced cavalry in area 3 roll 4, which means they advance towards the nearest enemy unit, the tiebreak being the unit furthest down. They move vertically one hex, as that fixes them in position against General Paget, whom they then attack. Their two dice are reduced for attacking from a river hex, and they roll 3. The cavalry beside Cacabelos roll 1, meaning they advance into the river.
The left-flank French cavalry attack my cavalry, rolling 6, 5 and 1, thus eliminating my unit.
The French have a foothold, or perhaps that should be a hoofhold, in the River CĂșa

No comments:

Post a Comment