Saturday, December 30, 2023

Battle Of Cacabelos - French Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation at the end of turn four
My activation dice land 6, 4 and 2. I reroll the 4, but get 5, and I change the wildcard 6 into 3.
My right-flank infantry fire at the British infantry in the river, the four dice being increased for being next to General Colbert-Chabanais. I roll 6, 4, two 3s and 2, reducing the infantry to two-strength and forcing them back a hex. The general moves so he can support both units in area 2.
The backward infantry in area 2 fire at the cavalry fording the River CĂșa, the three dice being increased thanks to the French commander. I roll 6, 5 and two 2s, reducing the British to one-strength. The other infantry in area 2 fire at the British infantry ahead of them, the four dice being increased by the commander. I roll 5, 4, 3 and two 2s, reducing the enemy to two-strength and making them withdraw a hex.
The British are suffering attritional losses, but still hugely outnumber the French
The AI gets two 6s, 5 and 2. The 6s are rerolled as 3 and another 5.
General Paget rolls 6, moving obliquely forward two squares to the right.
The cavalry in the river hex roll 1, moving along the river to attack my forward infantry. Their four dice are reduced for attacking from a river, but they roll two 6s and 3, reducing my unit to one strength.
The forward infantry in area 3 fire at the French straight ahead of them, their two dice being increased thanks to General Paget's encouragement. The dice land 5, 3 and 2, reducing my unit to two-strength. The backward infantry in area 3 roll 3, meaning they move straight up, causing them to leave the battlefield.
The infantry in area 5 roll 6, moving obliquely right into the river.
No British unit has (yet) quite managed to cross the river, but the French have not so much as got a toe wet

No comments:

Post a Comment