Monday, February 20, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Four

Situation at the start of turn four
I roll a 6, a 4, two 2s and a 1. I re-roll the 2s and get a 5 and another 4. This means one of my demoralised units will flee the battlefield, and I decide to rally the muskets and let the pikes go.
Dice allocated
The demoralised pikes duly flee, but the remaining right-flank pikes charge the nearby Parliamentarian cavalry, requiring 7+, reduced by one thanks to the muskets, which I first rallied. I roll 7, demoralising the cavalry and forcing them back one hex.
The cannon unit shoots at the muskets on its line-of-fire, requiring 8+. I roll 11, demoralising the muskets and forcing them off the battlefield.
My half-turn has gone about as well as I could have reasonably hoped
The fleeing Parliamentarian cavalry rally on a throw of 5, which is almost certainly more good news for me as it means they remain in contact with my right-flank pikes.
The other cavalry move two hexes directly towards my artillery, meaning they remain in the cannon-unit's line-of-fire.
Only two of the Parliamentarian foot units move, but the movement includes a unit of pikes taking up station in front of the right-flank cavalry.
The military situation has certainly improved for the Royalists, but is there time to eliminate the Parliamentarian army?

No comments:

Post a Comment