Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Drawing A Blank

SPENT a frustrating time yesterday trying to find blank counters to which I can attach paper counters provided in Mike Lambo's English Civil War book.
Neither Leisure Games in Finchley, north London, nor Orcs (sic) Nest in central London could help, with a man at the former saying the shop had tried to get blank counters but found it very difficult.
Fortunately I have some 15x15mm steel bases left over from my War of the Austrian Succession project.
Squares painted grass green on one side and left blank on the other
My idea is to glue the 'full-strength' counters to the green sides, and the 'demoralised' ones on the reverse.
Not the greatest gluing job, but good enough
Lambo recommends using for his English Civil War games at least eight, "but preferably 10," six-sided dice.
Small ones work best as they need to be placed next to the human player's units - the reason will become clear when I play through the battles.
I was going to try to buy a set of such dice, but luckily remembered I had 10 miniature dice in my Airfix Battles game.
Dice the job
I will need to buy more steel bases, but otherwise I am quite pleased with the progress made.

No comments:

Post a Comment