Friday, February 10, 2023

Battle Of Edgehill Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the start of turn six
My seven dice give me two 5s, two 4s, a 3 and two 2s - but no 6 to rally the fleeing cavalry.
I re-roll the two 2s, but get a 3 and a 2, meaning the cavalry will flee the battlefield whatever I do.
Dice allocated
My right-flank cavalry duly leave the battlefield.
I move the cannon unit to the right to be on the same hex as two units of Royalist muskets, and I advance the right-flank pikes.
The left-flank pikes attack the Royalist pikes opposite them, supported by two units of muskets and one of cavalry, meaning only 5+ is needed. I roll a 10, demoralising the enemy pikes and forcing them to flee the battlefield.
The righthand muskets fire at the remaining Royalist pikes, requiring 8+, but I only roll a 4.
The other muskets have no target, and the remaining cavalry advance one square, staying out of range of the slowly advancing Royalist muskets.
I have four turns left to mop up Royalist resistance

No comments:

Post a Comment