Friday, February 24, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Eight

Situation at the start of turn eight
My three dice give me a 6 and two 5s. I re-roll the 5s in the hope of getting a move order as well as an attack one, and gratefully receive a 5 and a 3.
That makes dice allocation obvious, and I start the action phase of my turn by using my pikes to charge the Parliamentarian pikes, placing them in such a position as to be close to the enemy muskets next turn (the pikes could not both charge the Parliamentarian pikes and move out of range of the Parliamentarian muskets).
Pikes attacking pikes require 8+, reduced by two in this case thanks to support from artillery and muskets. I roll 8, demoralising the enemy pikes and forcing them back two hexes.
My artillery then fire at the pikes, requiring 8+, but roll 6.
My muskets fire at the nearer unit of enemy muskets, requiring 8+, but also roll 6.
The AI will get two turns to rally the pikes (assuming they are not hit by artillery fire)
The more-forward of the musket units fires at the Royalist pikes, requiring 8+, reduced by 1 thanks to supporting fire. They score 7, demoralising my pikes.
The other musket unit fires under similar circumstances, but only rolls 5.
The Parliamentarian pikes fail their rallying test, and flee to the edge of the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment