Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Five

Situation at the start of turn five
My four dice give me a 5, a 4, a 3 and a 2. I give the attack dice to the artillery and the right-flank pikes, and the move dice to the muskets and the left-flank pikes.
The artillery shoot at the pikes newly arrived on their line-of-fire, requiring 8+. I roll 10, demoralising the pikes and forcing them back two hexes.
My right-flank pikes charge the advanced Parliamentarian cavalry, requiring 7+, reduced by two thanks to support from the other pikes and the muskets. I roll 9, demoralising the cavalry and forcing them to flee four hexes.
Finally I move the muskets to between the pike units.
Another good half-turn for the Royalists
Contrasting behaviour by the Parliamentarian cavalry - one unit rushes two hexes straight towards my army, while the other fails to rally and flees the battlefield.
One unit of muskets is able to fire at my right-flank pikes, requiring 8+, but the roll is 5. The other muskets remain behind trees.
More contrasting behaviour as one unit of pikes advances but the other fails to rally and leaves the battlefield.
Four units each, and all to play for

No comments:

Post a Comment