Saturday, February 25, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Nine

Situation at the start of turn nine
My three dice give me two 4s and a 1. I could re-roll the 4s in the hope of getting a 6 to rally the pikes, but even if successful they might be of little use, so I decide to use the 4s to give attack orders to the artillery and muskets, and let the pikes flee.
The artillery fire at the retreating pikes, but roll only a 5.
The muskets fire at the nearer enemy musket unit, scoring 7, which is one short of the score needed for a hit.
A very grim situation for the Royalist cause
The nearer Parliamentarian muskets fire at my muskets, requiring 8+, reduced by one for having supporting fire, but roll 4.
The other Parliamentarian muskets also fire at my muskets, in similar circumstances, scoring 9, which demoralises my men and forces them off the battlefield.
The only cheer for me, and it is small comfort indeed, is that the Parliamentarian pikes fail to rally and so leave the battlefield.
Since I cannot attack even one of the remaining Parliamentarian units on the 10th and final turn, I concede the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment