Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Six

Situation at the start of turn six
My four dice give me a 4, two 3s and a 1. I allocate the 4 to the artillery, the 1 to the left-flank pikes, and re-roll the two 3s, getting a 5 and a 1, making for an ideal combination.
Dice allocated
I start by using my left-hand pikes to charge the Parliamentarian cavalry. The pikes require 7+ to hit, reduced by two thanks to support from artillery and muskets. I roll 7,  demoralising the cavalry and forcing them to flee two hexes.
My artillery shoot at the fleeing cavalry, requiring 9+. I roll 10, destroying the cavalry, as is the rule when a unit is hit while demoralised.
My muskets have no target, but I move my right-flank pikes forward-left to alongside the other Royalist pikes.
The battle seems to have become a race against the clock
The more-central Parliamentarian muskets fire at my right-flank pikes (the target chosen by a die throw as the Royalist pike units are equidistant from the shooters), requiring 8+ to hit. The roll is exactly 8, demoralising the targeted pikes.
The other Parliamentarian muskets remain behind trees, but the Parliamentarian pikes charge my left-flank pikes, requiring 8+ for a hit, reduced by 1 thanks to support from muskets. However, the roll is a terrible 2.
Much could depend on whether I can rally the fleeing pikes

No comments:

Post a Comment