Monday, February 13, 2023

Summing Up The Battle Of Edgehill

MIKE Lambo reckons the battles in his solo wargaming books are, when possible, designed to increase with difficulty the further one gets into the book.
Certainly the Battle of Edgehill proved fairly easy, much helped, no doubt, by my knocking out the Royalist artillery with my first action (first, that is, apart from setting up the forces).
Embarrassingly, on re-reading the posts, I see I forgot to let the AI have its go on turn six.
However, I think it is fair to say that omission did not materially affect the outcome - I would surely have won anyway. 
Naturally, winning is nearly always fun, but leaving that factor aside I found the battle thoroughly enjoyable. It certainly did not feel, as I had feared, horribly unhistoric.

No comments:

Post a Comment