Sunday, February 26, 2023

Summing Up Braddock Down

FORTUNES fluctuated wildly during the early stages of my refight of the 1643 Battle of Braddock Down.
But later it became clear I had been outplayed by the AI.
The set-up is, to say the least, unbalanced: only the human  player has artillery, but the AI has the only cavalry units, and has four of them.
I was, perhaps, unlucky in that my cannon unit found no enemy on its line-of-fire in turn one.
This was in stark contrast to the Battle of Edgehill, where my artillery knocked out the enemy artillery on turn one, and then found enemy units almost queuing to be shot at.
However I believe the main cause of my defeat was a failure to use pikes to properly defend my muskets from the Parliamentarian horse.
And the bottom line is I failed to beat my Parliamentarian foe in 10 turns, and so my score against the AI is now 1-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment