Saturday, February 11, 2023

Battle Of Edgehill Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the start of turn seven
My six dice - I lost a unit last turn - give me a 5, two 3s and three 2s. I re-roll the 2s, getting a 6, a 3 and another 2.
For once dice allocation needed no thought
I make my move orders first so that when the cannon unit fires at the good-morale Royalist muskets, it requires only a 5+ as it has support from two units of muskets and the cavalry.
My roll of 7 demoralises the Royalist muskets, who have to retreat two hexes, which takes them off the battlefield as the second hex they should retreat into is already occupied.
My righthand musket unit fires at the Royalist pikes, requiring 7+ thanks to support from the other muskets. However I only roll a 2.
The end is surely nigh
The AI fails to rally its musket unit, but the pike unit charges my righthand muskets, coming up one short of the 6+ required for a hit.
One more turn should do it

No comments:

Post a Comment