Thursday, February 23, 2023

Braddock Down Play-Through: Turn Seven

Situation at the start of turn seven
I roll two 3s, a 2 and a 1. I re-roll the 3s, getting another 3 and a 6.
I use the 6 to rally the fleeing pikes and the 3 to move the muskets to the right-side of the rallied pikes. The other dice are effectively discarded.
The lack of attack dice has made this a frustrating half-turn
The Parliamentarian more-central muskets fire at the Royalist muskets (muskets are their preferred target), requiring 8+, but roll 3.
The other musket unit at last moves forward, and the Parliamentarian pikes attack my most-forward pikes, requiring 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from two musket units. They roll 8, meaning my pikes are demoralised and flee the battlefield as they cannot retreat directly backwards two hexes and land on an empty hex.
The battle has definitely swung in Parliament's favour

No comments:

Post a Comment