Monday, September 18, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - French Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My activation dice are two 5s and 2. I reroll the 5s, which become 4s, meaning I can activate all my (three) units.
My cavalry continue their melee against the forward Allied cavalry. My three dice land 5, 4 and 1, meaning the enemy unit is reduced to two-strength and falls back into the protection of the trees.
My artillery fire at the Allied cavalry obliquely forward to their right. My two dice are increased through being on high ground and for being next to the commander. I roll 5, two 4s and 2, reducing them to two-strength and forcing them back two hexes. General Delaborde moves forward obliquely to the left.
My cavalry still look very vulnerable
The AI's activation dice are 5, 3, 2 and 1.
The forward infantry in area 2 roll 6, meaning they occupy Columbeira and fire at my artillery. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, but they roll 6, reducing my unit to one-strength. Sir Arthur Wellesley stands still. The two-strength infantry in area 2 roll 5, but that requires them to advance obliquely to their left, which is impossible as that hex is occupied by Wellesley.
The infantry in the trees advance one hex and fire at my cavalry. Their three dice are reduced for firing after moving and for firing while in a river, and they roll 1. The other infantry in area 3 advance a hex, while the artillery remain where they are (a roll of 1 meant they could only move if it put them in line of sight and range of the enemy).
The left-flank cavalry roll 3, advancing two hexes towards my cavalry.
The Allied troops are closing in

No comments:

Post a Comment