Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
I roll 2 and two 1s as my activation dice. I reroll a 1, getting a 4, meaning all my units can be activated.
My artillery fire at the infantry in the river, the three dice being increased for being on high ground, for being at close range and for being next to General Delaborde. I roll three 6s, 5, 2 and 1, destroying the Allied unit. Delaborde bravely charges the infantry in Columbeira, his four dice being reduced by one for the enemy being in cover. I roll 6, 4 and 3, eliminating the enemy one-strength unit.
My cavalry charge the infantry next to Columbeira. The five dice are reduced by one for attacking from a river, resulting in 6, two 5s and 4, eliminating the infantry.
The Allies have suffered heavy casualties, but only need to eliminate one more of my units to win
The AI's activation dice land 6, 4 and two 3s. The 6 and 3 are rerolled, landing 2 and another 6.
Sir Arthur Wellesley stays in the protection of trees. The infantry in area 2 fire at General Delaborde. Their two dice are increased by being next to Wellesley, and they land 5, 4 and 3, which is enough to kill the general and, by reducing my army to fewer than three units, win the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment