Sunday, September 17, 2023

Battle Of Roliça Part Two - French Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation after turn three
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 3. I reroll the 5 and 3, getting two 1s. I turn the wildcard 6 into a 2.
My artillery fire at the cavalry in the river. My two dice are increased for being on higher ground and for being next to General Delaborde. I roll 6 and three 3s, eliminating the one-strength enemy.
Delaborde falls back one square obliquely left.
My infantry advance and fire at the infantry to their front. My two dice are increased for being on higher ground, but decreased for firing after moving. I roll 6 and 4, eliminating the one-strength enemy.
The Anglo-Portuguese are suffering casualties. but keep on coming
The AI's activation dice are 6, 4 and two 1s. The 6 and a 1 are rerolled, becoming 5 and 2.
The one-strength Allied infantry fire at my infantry. Their two dice are increased by being next to Sir Arthur Wellesley, and they roll 5, 3 and 1, eliminating my one-strength unit (if I lose another unit I will have lost the battle). Wellesley stands still, and the two-strength infantry in area 2 advance a hex.
The forward cavalry in area 4 roll 2, meaning they advance two squares and attack my cavalry. Their four dice land 6, 3, 2 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength. The other cavalry in area 4 roll 5, advancing two hexes.
The cavalry in area 5 roll 1, meaning they stand still.
Numbers must surely prevail, and soon

No comments:

Post a Comment