Monday, September 25, 2023

Cropredy Bridge Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My six dice give me 6, two 5s, 4 and two 3s.
I allocate the 6 to the horse, the 5s and 4 to the muskets and artillery, and the 3s to the pikes.
First I rally the horse, then use the artillery to fire at the nearest Royalist pikes, needing 8+, reduced by one thanks to support from pikes and two more thanks to support from muskets, and I roll 7, demoralising the pikes and forcing them to flee two hexes.
My forward muskets fire at the muskets in the trees, needing 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from pikes and muskets, but increased by one thanks to the trees. I roll 3.
My other unit of muskets fires at the same target, also needing 7+, and I roll 9, demoralising the Royalist muskets and forcing them back two hexes.
I decide to leave the forward pikes on the bridge, so they cannot be charged by Royalist pikes.
The Royalists face a critical half-turn in which much of their army could flee the battlefield
The foremost Royalist muskets fire at my pikes on the bridge, needing 8+, and they roll 9, which destroys the pikes as there are no retreat squares they can use.
The demoralised muskets fail to rally and so flee the battlefield, but the rearmost muskets advance.
The two furthest-forward pikes advance obliquely one hex, but the demoralised pikes next to them fail to rally and so have to leave the battlefield.
This is followed by the other demoralised pikes also failing to rally, and so leaving the battlefield.
The Royalist army now has fewer units than the Parliamentarians

No comments:

Post a Comment