Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Cropredy Bridge Playthrough: Turn Seven

Situation after turn six
My five dice give me 6, 4, 3 and two 1s.
I allocate attack-dice to the artillery and left-flank pikes, and move-dice to the remaining units.
First I fire at the pikes in the line-of-sight of my artillery, needing 8+, but roll 5.
Then I send the rearward muskets on to the bridge, and move the horse behind them.
Time is running out for the Parliamentarians
The forward Royalist muskets fire at my men on the bridge, needing 8+, increased by one thanks to firing through trees, but roll 4.
The rearward Royalist muskets should advance towards my pikes, but cannot do so as moving obliquely forward would not bring them closer.
The forward Royalist pikes advance towards my pikes, taking the Royalist unit off the file my artillery is on, but the other Royalist pike unit stands still.
This has been a very quiet turn

No comments:

Post a Comment