Thursday, September 28, 2023

Cropredy Bridge Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My five dice give me 4, 3, two 2s and 1.
I decide I have to take the opportunity to fire from the bridge while the enemy are lined up in a file to the edge of the battlefield, so I allocate the 4 to the forward muskets and move-dice to the other units.
The forward muskets fire at the nearer Royalist muskets, needing 8+, increased to 9+ thanks to firing through trees, but I roll 6.
I finish by advancing the pikes along the river bank, and moving the artillery onto the same file of hexes as the forward Royalist pikes.
Halfway through turn eight and I still have not established any troops across the river
The forward Royalist muskets fire at my men on the bridge, needing 8+, increased to 9+ by the trees, and roll 10, demoralising my unit and sending it fleeing to the edge of the battlefield.
The other Royalist muskets remain on the high ground, the forward pikes take cover in trees and the other pikes advance to the edge of the high ground.
The Parliamentarian side in this battle is clearly a lost cause, and so I concede 

No comments:

Post a Comment