Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Cropredy Bridge Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
My five dice give me 6, 5, 4 and two 3s.
I allocate attack-dice to the muskets and the horse, and move-dice to the pikes and artillery.
I start by moving the pikes to their left and the artillery to their right.
Then the backward muskets fire at the foremost pikes, needing 8+, reduced by two thanks to support from muskets and artillery, and I roll 8, demoralising the pikes and forcing them to flee two hexes.
My other muskets fire at the pikes in trees, needing 8+, increased by one thanks to the trees, but decreased by one thanks to support from my other muskets, and I roll 9, demoralising the muskets and forcing them to the edge of the battlefield.
The Royalists are reeling, but time is on their side
Neither Royalist musket unit advances, the backward unit because it could not get closer to the Parliamentarian unit it was required to approach. But both Royalist pike units rally.
Quite a gap has opened between the two armies

No comments:

Post a Comment