Sunday, September 24, 2023

Cropredy Bridge Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation after turn three
My six dice give me 6, 5, 3, two 2s and 1.
I allocate move-dice to all but the artillery and backward pikes.
First I take quite a risk by using the horse to charge the muskets in the trees. I need 6+, increased by one thanks to the cover, but I roll 6.
My artillery fire at the pikes in their line-of-sight, needing 8+, and roll exactly 8.
I advance the forward pikes onto the bridge, with the muskets close behind them.
Am I about to lose my last unit of horse?
The muskets in the trees fire at my horse, needing 9+, reduced by one thanks to support from other muskets, but roll 4.
The second unit of muskets fires at the same target, also needing 8+, and roll 11, demoralising my horse and sending them to the edge of the battlefield (fortunately their route did not take them into the river, as they would have been destroyed).
The rearward muskets at last advance, albeit obliquely, as do the three good-morale units of pike, but their demoralised comrades fail to rally and so flee to the edge of the battlefield.
The Royalists are well-placed to attack anyone crossing the Parliamentarian-held bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment