Thursday, February 22, 2024

Battle of Barrosa - Allied Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation at the end of turn three
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 3, so, by changing the wildcard 6 into 4, I can activate my whole army.
In area 3 the three-strength infantry fire at the two-strength French cavalry, the three dice being increased for being on higher ground and for being next to General Graham. I roll 6, 5, 3 and two 2s, eliminating the French unit. My other infantry attack the one-strength French infantry, the three dice being increased for being next to the commander. I roll two 5s, 4 and 3, eliminating the French unit.
In area 4 the further-forward infantry charge the French infantry opposite them, the four dice being increased for being on higher ground and for attacking at range-one after moving. I roll 6, three 5s, 4 and 3, emphatically eliminating the French unit. The other infantry advance a hex, but General Graham holds his ground, although I was sorely tempted to charge Marshal Victor, which would have probably eliminated the French leader, but would have left General Graham very vulnerable.
In area 5 my cavalry charge the two-strength French infantry opposite them, rolling 5, two 4s, 3, 2 and 1. That reduces the enemy unit to one-strength and forces it back directly one hex, at which point it is allowed to make its second retreat move an oblique one so as to stay on the battlefield. The unit does this to its left so as to remain in range and line-of-sight of my cavalry.
The French have suffered a heavy blow
The AI's activation dice give 6, 5 and two 2s. The 6 and a 2 are rerolled, giving 1 and another 2.
In area 1 the cavalry roll 6, advancing two squares obliquely left to be nearer my men. The artillery also roll 6, advancing a hex.
In area 2 the infantry in the wood fire at my two-strength infantry. The four dice are increased for being next to Marshal Victor, landing 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1. That reduces my unit to one-strength, but it does not retreat as it is supported by General Graham. The other infantry roll 3, but cannot move straight down as the relevant hex is occupied.
In area 5 the infantry fire at my cavalry, rolling 6 and 2, reducing my unit to two-strength.
This has been a good turn for the Allied cause

No comments:

Post a Comment