Saturday, February 24, 2024

Battle of Barrosa - Allied Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 3, so, once again, by changing the wildcard 6 into 4, I am able to activate my whole army.
In area 3 my infantry advance and charge the French cavalry. The three dice are increased for being on higher ground and for charging. I roll two 6s, 5 and two 2s, eliminating the enemy unit.
In area 4 my infantry advance obliquely left and fire at the French infantry in the open. The four dice are increased for being next to General Graham and for being on higher ground, but decreased for moving. I roll 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and forcing it back a hex. General Graham withdraws to the objective hex, leaving room for the remaining Allied infantry unit to ascend the hill and fire at the retreating French. The four dice are decreased for moving, but increased for being on higher ground and for being next to the commander. I roll 6, 5, 4, 3 and 1, eliminating the French unit.
The cavalry move obliquely back two squares to line up with the rest of the army.
The French cause is all but up
The AI's activation dice are 3, two 2s and 1. There is no need to reroll the duplicate 2 as all French units can already be activated.
The artillery roll 4, advancing obliquely.
The infantry fire at my furthest-back infantry, rolling 6, 5, 4 and 2, reducing my unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex.
The French artillery, very belatedly, is approaching the action

No comments:

Post a Comment