Saturday, February 17, 2024

Summing Up My French Playthrough Of The Battle Of Talavera

I RECKON this game beat all my previous Mike Lambo scenarios for mood swings during the battle.
To begin with I thought the task of preventing any Allied unit reaching my side of the stream was next to impossible - units all across the front either entered the stream or seemed about to.
But I fought them all off, and just after midway I was thinking I had an easy win in hand, or at least that I was comfortably on top.
Danger suddenly arose on my right flank, but I beat it off, only for the Allies to sneak a cavalry unit across near Talavera, despite the near-suicidal, and certainly fatal, heroics of my commander.
My defeat means the AI has closed the gap in our Napoleonic series, which I now lead 8-7 (the total includes one scenario played twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment