Friday, February 16, 2024

Battle Of Talavera - French Playthrough: Turn Nine

Situation at the end of turn eight
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 2. I reroll the 5 and 2, getting 3 and another 2. I change the wildcard 6 into 1.
My infantry in area 3 move obliquely onto the high ground.
My infantry in Talavera fire at the Allied cavalry, their two dice being increased thanks to the presence of the French commander. I roll 5 and two 1s, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength.
The French cavalry could still cross the stream this turn, so I take a risk and send my commander to charge them. The two dice are decreased for attacking from a stream hex, and I roll 1.
My commander has probably sacrificed himself, but will it be in vain?
The AI's activation dice are 5, two 3s and 1. A 3 is rerolled, becoming 4.
In area 1 the infantry attack my commander, their two dice landing 5 and 1, killing him. The cavalry then automatically move forward obliquely left into the stream and emerge on the east bank, winning the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment