Thursday, February 15, 2024

Battle Of Talavera - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation at the end of turn seven
My activation dice are two 6s and 1. I change the wildcard 6s into 3 and 4, meaning I can activate the whole French army.
My infantry in area 4 fire at the Allied infantry on high ground, the dice landing two 6s, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength.
In area 3 my artillery move forward obliquely right. The infantry also move obliquely right and fire at the infantry on the high ground (if I can eliminate this unit the Allies will only have one unit left on that flank). My three dice are decreased for moving, but I roll 6 and 4, eliminating the enemy unit. The French commander moves two hexes obliquely left to support the infantry in Talavera, who fire at the Allied cavalry. Their three dice are increased thanks to the commander, and I roll 6, two 4s and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and, crucially, forcing it back two hexes. 
My ability to activate my whole army seems to have turned the tide again
The AI's activation dice are 5, 4 and two 1s. A 1 is rerolled, but lands 6.
In area 1 the infantry in West Talavera fire at my infantry in East Talavera, the three dice being decreased for the target being in cover. The dice land 6 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength. The cavalry advance two hexes.
In area 4 the infantry fire at my two-strength infantry, rolling 6, 4 and 2, reducing my unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex.
Only the right-flank Allied units can possibly cross the stream by the end of turn 10

No comments:

Post a Comment