Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Battle Of Talavera - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation at the end of turn five
My activation dice give me 3 and two 2s. I reroll a 2 but get another 2.
My artillery fire at the Allied artillery, the two dice increased by being next to the French commander. I roll two 4s and 1, forcing the enemy unit to retreat to the edge of the battlefield. The commander stays behind the high ground.
In area 2 the infantry in the trees ascend the high ground and fire at the infantry crossing the stream. The four dice are decreased for moving but increased for being on higher ground and for being next to the commander. I roll 6, 4, 3 and two 2s, eliminating the Allied unit. The other infantry fire at the enemy opposite them, the dice landing 6, 2 and two 1s, eliminating the one-strength unit.
The Allied centre suddenly looks very hollow
The AI's activation dice are two 6s and two 5s. The 6s and a 5 are rerolled, giving 2 and two 3s.
Sir Arthur Wellesley has to move to where he is adjacent to more units than he is now. He can do that by moving one hex obliquely back to his right, and from there he can no longer reach more friendly units (perhaps he is trying to get the seemingly reluctant Allied right-flank cavalry into the battle).
The Allied artillery roll 3, meaning they advance obliquely right to line themselves up on my infantry on the high ground.
In area 5 the infantry fire at my right-flank cavalry, rolling 5, 3 and 1, which eliminates my one-strength unit.
The Allies have seven units against France's six, and lead in strength points 15 to 13, considerably narrower gaps than at the start of the engagement

No comments:

Post a Comment