Friday, February 09, 2024

Battle Of Talavera - French Playthrough: Turn Two

Situation at the end of turn one
My activation dice land 6, 5 and 4. I reroll the 5, getting 1, and change the wildcard 6 into 3.
In area 4 I advance the infantry one hex and the cavalry two hexes, the latter ascending high ground.
In area 3 I advance the infantry onto the high ground, from where they fire at the enemy nearest them. The four dice are decreased for moving, but increased for being on higher ground, I roll 4, two 3s and 1, a tiebreaker deciding the Allied unit falls back obliquely left. That puts them in line-of-sight of my artillery, whose three dice are increased for being next to the French commander. I roll 6, 4 and two 3s. reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and forcing it obliquely back another hex. My commander enters the trees behind the high ground.
The cavalry in area 1 enter Talavera.
My plan of siting the French artillery on the high ground has, at least for now, been overtaken by events
The AI's activation dice are two 6s, 5 and 2. The 6s are rerolled as 4 and another 6.
In area 2 the infantry move straight down and fire at my cavalry in Talavera, their three dice being decreased for moving and for the target being in cover, and they get a miserable 2. The cavalry roll 4, meaning they advance to the bank of the Portiña. Sir Arthur Wellesley moves obliquely left to be adjacent to the Allied artillery and the one-strength infantry.
In area 4 the forward infantry advance and, by tiebreak, fire at my men on the central high ground. Their four dice are decreased for moving, but they roll two 6s and 2, reducing my unit to one-strength. The two-strength infantry advance a hex, and the cavalry advance two hexes. The infantry in area 5 advance a hex.
The Allied central cavalry could cross the Portiña next turn and so win the game

No comments:

Post a Comment