Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Battle Of Barrosa - French Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My activation dice are 4 and two 3s. I reroll a 3, getting 5.
In area 3 the forward infantry advance and fire at the Allied infantry behind the wood, the four dice being decreased for moving. I roll 5, 3 and 2, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength. The other infantry advance, and Marshal Victor falls back obliquely left one hex to make him less vulnerable.
The artillery advance obliquely left.
In area 5 the infantry fall back obliquely left.
I have given up on the right-hook plan, and am heading more directly for the hill, which, for me to win, has to be clear of enemy troops at the end of turn 10
The AI's activation dice are three 3s and 1. Two 3s are rerolled, producing 5 and 4.
In area 1 the infantry roll 6, advancing so as to be nearer my furthest-advanced unit.
In area 3 the forward infantry cannot fire at the French infantry near them as the plateau effect of high ground prevents line-of-sight. Instead they roll 2, which means no action. General Graham remains adjacent to three units. The other infantry roll 6, advancing to be nearer my furthest-forward unit.
In area 4 the two-strength infantry fire at my leading unit. Their three dice land 6, 5 and 2, reducing my men to one-strength.
The Allied artillery fire at the French infantry in their line-of-sight, the three dice being decreased twice for shooting through trees. They roll 1.
Halfway through the 10 turns, and I would say the battle is in the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment