Friday, March 08, 2024

Battle Of Barrosa - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My activation dice land 6, 4 and 2. Since the French commander is dead, 6s are no longer wild, but I can reroll the 6, which I do, and get 3.
In area 2 the infantry advance obliquely left and fire at the forward Allied infantry, the four dice being reduced for moving, and I roll two 6s and 1, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength. The cavalry advance one hex, staying out of line-of-sight of the Allied artillery, and ensuring the cavalry cannot be charged by enemy infantry.
My artillery advance a hex.
In area 4 the infantry advance obliquely left.
The Allies seem well-placed to have at least one unit occupying the hill at the end of turn 10, which would give them victory
The AI's activation dice are three 5s and 4. Two 5s are rerolled, becoming 4 and 3.
In area 4, since it is past turn six, both infantry units advance obliquely right to be nearer the hill.
The artillery fire at my three-strength infantry, rolling 6, 5 and 3, reducing my unit to one-strength.
The French cause may look desperate, but if I get favourable activation dice next turn my units are well-positioned for attacking

No comments:

Post a Comment