Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Battle Of Barrosa - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five
My activation dice are 6 and two 5s. I reroll a 5, but get 1, and I change the wildcard 6 into 3.
My artillery fire at the Allied infantry opposite them, the three dice being increased for being next to Marshal Victor. I roll 6, two 4s and 3. That reduces the enemy unit to two-strength, but since it can only fall back one hex without entering the Atlantic, it loses another strength point.
My one-strength infantry ascend the hill and charge the nearest Allied infantry. The two dice are increased for attacking at close range after moving, and I roll two 4s and 1, the enemy unit retreating obliquely backwards two hexes.
The three-strength infantry in area 3 advance and fire at the Allied two-strength infantry. The four dice are reduced for firing after moving, and I roll two 4s and 2. This forces the enemy back a hex, and, since they can fall back no further, causes them to lose a strength point.
Marshal Victor advances a hex.
In area 5 the infantry advance obliquely left.
Much of the Allied army has its backs to the sea
The AI's activation dice are 6, 3 and two 1s. The 6 and a 1 are rerolled, landing 5 and 2.
In area 1 the infantry do no have any enemy within line-of-sight. They roll 4, meaning they advance a hex, but still have no enemy in line-of-sight as the plateau effect of high ground prevents them firing at the French commander.
In area 2 the infantry fire at my advanced infantry, the four dice being increased for being next to General Graham. The result is 6, 5, 3 and two 1s. easily destroying my one-strength unit.
In area 3 General Graham's first desire is to attack, so he rather rashly ascends the hill and charges my three-strength infantry in front of Marshal Victor. The two dice are increased for being on higher ground, and the dice land 6, 5 and 1. reducing my unit to one-strength. The one-strength Allied infantry roll 3, which has no effect.
In area 5 the artillery fire at the same target, rolling 6, 2 and 1, eliminating my unit.
General Thomas's personal bravery and example have turned the battle in the Allies' favour

No comments:

Post a Comment