Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Battle Of Sabugal - French Playthrough: Turn Five

Situation after turn four
My activation dice land 4, 3 and 1, which I decide to keep.
In area 3 my forward infantry fire at Sir Arthur Wellesley, their three dice being increased for being next to Marshal Masséna. I roll 6, two 3s and 1, killing the Allied commander. The other infantry enter the trees ahead of them and charge the one-strength Allied cavalry, the three dice being increased for attacking at a range of one after moving. I roll 5, 4, 3 and 1, eliminating the Allied unit. Marshal Masséna advances obliquely right one hex.
In area 4 the cavalry advance directly up a hex, and then obliquely left to charge the two-strength Allied infantry. I roll 5, two 4s, 3, 2 and 1, reducing the enemy to one-strength and forcing them back to the edge of the battlefield.
In area 1 my infantry advance into the wood and fire at the infantry directly ahead, their four dice being decreased for moving. I roll two 5s and 4, reducing the enemy unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex.
The Allied centre and right flank are being forced back, but the left flank is ominously strong
The AI's activation dice land 5, 4, 3 and 1.
In area 1 the infantry fire at my forward men in the wood, their two dice being decreased for the target being in cover. However the AI rolls 5, reducing my unit to one-strength.
In area 3 the three-strength infantry fire at my cavalry, rolling 5, 3 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength. The one-strength infantry fire at the same target, rolling two 6s, eliminating my unit.
In area 4 the one-strength infantry fire at my three-strength infantry in the trees, their two dice decreased for the target being in cover. They roll 2.
In area 5 the forward infantry roll 6, moving straight down. The artillery fire obliquely right, rolling 5 and two 3s, reducing my unit in the trees to two-strength. The cavalry roll 4, advancing towards the unit that just suffered casualties. The backward infantry roll 2, advancing a hex.
The Allied left-flank has sprung into life

No comments:

Post a Comment