Saturday, March 30, 2024

Battle Of Sabugal - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My activation land 4, 3 and 1. I reroll the 4, and it lands, as I hoped, 2.
In area 1 the infantry advance obliquely right and fire at the cavalry, their two dice reduced for moving. I roll 5, eliminating the enemy unit.
In area 2 the infantry advance, but I leave the artillery where they are on high ground.
In area 3 Marshal Masséna advances one hex to support the infantry in the trees, who fire at the three-strength infantry ahead of them. Their three dice are increased, thanks to support from the French commander, and I roll 5, 4, 3 and 1, reducing the enemy to two-strength and forcing them back a hex.
I am starting to fancy my chances - remember I win if at the end of turn 10 I have more units on the map than the Allies have below the red dashed line
The AI's activation dice are two 6s and two 5s. Because the Allied commander has been killed, only a 5 can be rerolled, and it becomes 4.
In area 4 the infantry fire at my men in the trees, their two dice reduced for the target being in cover. They roll 6 and 3, reducing my unit to one-strength.
In area 5 the forward infantry yet again roll 6, advancing. The rear infantry fire at my men in the wood, their four dice reduced for firing through trees and for the target being in cover, and they roll 2 and 1. The artillery fire at the same target, their three dice reduced for the target being in cover. They roll 5 and 2, eliminating my one-strength unit.
Suddenly I am pessimistic again

No comments:

Post a Comment