Thursday, March 28, 2024

Battle Of Sabugal - French Playthrough: Turn Six

Situation after turn five

My activation dice land 6, 5 and 1. I reroll the 5, but it lands 1. I turn the wildcard 6 into 3.
In area 1 the infantry fire at the two-strength cavalry, rolling a magnificent two 5s, eliminating the enemy unit.
In area 3 my two-strength infantry leave the trees and charge the French cavalry at bayonet-point, their two dice being increased for attacking at range one after moving. I roll 5, 4 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength and forcing it back obliquely right (the decisive tiebreaker over right or left being which direction takes the unit nearer area 3). The three-strength infantry enter the just-vacated trees and fire at the same cavalry, their three dice being reduced for moving, but increased for being next to Marshal Masséna. I roll 6, 3 and 2, reducing the cavalry to one-strength. Marshal Masséna stands still.
The battle will be decided on the French right/Allied left
The AI's activation dice are 5, two 3s and 1. A 3 is rerolled, but remains 3.
In area 1 the infantry fire at my nearest infantry, but roll 3 and 2.
In area 3 the three-strength infantry fire at my furthest-up unit, rolling 6, two 5s and 3, eliminating my two-strength infantry. The one-strength infantry roll 2, advancing.
In area 5 the forward infantry roll 6, advancing. The artillery fire at my three-strength infantry beside Marshal Masséna, their three dice reduced for the target being in cover. They roll 3 and 1. The rear infantry roll 2, advancing.
The Allies are breaking through on my right

No comments:

Post a Comment