Friday, November 17, 2023

Battle Of Sahagún - French Playthrough: Setup & Turn One

IN this version of the 1808 Battle of Sahagún, the human gets General César Debelle and three units of cavalry.
The French start below the blue dashed line
I know the AI gets Lord Henry Paget, four units of cavalry and one of artillery, and that its units will be placed randomly, depending on dice throws.
I have placed all my units in one area, which I might regret!
In order to win I have to force all the British units back behind the red dashed line at any point after turn four.
The British have split into two forces, which might help me if I can attack one half of their army before the other half intervenes
TURN ONE
My activation dice are 6, 4 and 1, so I turn wildcard 6 into 5.
All my units advance two hexes.
The AI gets 4, 2 and two 1s. A 1 is rerolled, but becomes 6.
The forward cavalry in area 2 roll 4, meaning they close on my furthest-up unit, preferring vertical moves, of which they make one, before switching to oblique as a second vertical move would not take them nearer my lead unit. The other cavalry in area 2 roll 5, meaning they also close on my furthest-up unit, but preferring oblique moves.
The artillery roll 5, advancing one hex. Lord Paget also advances a hex, to be beside two British units instead of one.
It looks as if my hope of catching the British in two distinct formations will be foiled

No comments:

Post a Comment