Monday, November 06, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - French Playthrough: Turn 10

Situation after turn nine
My activation dice land 6, 2 and 1. I reroll the 1, getting 4, and I turn the wildcard 6 into 3, meaning I can activate my whole army.
General Junit occupies Vimeiro, and the cavalry advance two hexes.
The three-strength infantry climb the hill and fire at the nearer Allied infantry. Their four dice are reduced for firing after moving, but increased for being on higher ground. I roll two 3s, 2 and 1.
The other infantry advance and fire at the two-strength enemy. The two dice are reduced for firing after moving, but I roll 6, reducing the enemy to one-strength. My artillery advance to block the forward Allied infantry.
All depends on the next half-turn
The AI gets two 4s, 3 and 1. There is no need to reroll as both Allied units can be activated.
The infantry in area 3 fire at General Junot (the preferred target over other equally near units), their two dice being reduced because the commander is in cover. Since the other Allied infantry cannot affect the situation in Vimeiro, it comes down to one die roll - a 5 or 6 would kill Junot, but a 4 would not force him to withdraw from the village as commanders cannot be forced to retreat. The die lands 5, meaning Junot is killed, and so I lose the battle as I will not be occupying Vimeiro at the end of the turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment