Friday, November 10, 2023

Battle Of Sahagún - Allied Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation after turn two
My activation give me 6, 5 and 1. I reroll 1 as 2, and turn wildcard 6 into 4.
My right-flank hussars attack the French near them, rolling 6, 5, 4 and 1, reducing the French unit to one-strength and forcing it back a hex, the latter being unfortunate as it puts the unit out of the reach of my area 4 cavalry (I had not considered this possibility - if I had I might have turned the wildcard 6 into a 3 to activate my artillery).
I advance my area 4 cavalry obliquely forward one hex to their right.
I leave Lord Paget and the area 2 cavalry where they are.
The AI's cautious tactics are not paying off, at least so far
The AI rolls 6, 5 3 and 2. The 6 is rerolled as a 4, which does not help the French as they have no troops in area 4.
General Debelle moves left to be adjacent to his right-wing cavalry.
The cavalry in area 3 roll 2, but this only has an effect if there are enemy within three hexes.
The left-wing cavalry roll 3, meaning they charge the enemy nearest them. Their two dice are decreased for being in a river hex, and they roll 3.
The British are yet to lose a strength point

No comments:

Post a Comment