Saturday, November 04, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - French Playthrough: Turn Eight

Situation after turn seven
My activation dice are all 5s. I reroll them,, getting two 3s and 1.
My artillery fire at the Allied cavalry. The two dice are increased by one for being on higher ground and for being next to General Junot, and by two for firing at close range. I roll 6, two 5s, 3, 2 and 1, eliminating the cavalry. My backward one-strength infantry fire at the Allied infantry beside Vimeiro. The two dice are increased for being on higher ground and for being next to Junot, but I roll 3, 2 and two 1s. The other infantry in area 3 fire at the same target with the same number of dice, rolling a magnificent two 6s, 5 and 1, eliminating the Allied unit. My cavalry move two hexes to their left.
Vimeiro is wide open, but who will occupy it first?
The AI's activation dice land 6, two 5s and 4. The 5 is rerolled (the Allies have lost their commander, so cannot reroll 6s), becoming 2.
The forward infantry roll 6, meaning they move obliquely right to get nearer my artillery, and then fire. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, and they roll 1. The other infantry in area 4 roll 4, meaning they move straight down, but cannot fire because they suffer deductions for moving and for being in a river hex.
Assuming I get decent activation-dice, I have a good chance of occupying Vimeiro the turn after next, but I need troops in the village at the end of turn 10 to win  


No comments:

Post a Comment