Sunday, November 05, 2023

Battle Of Vimeiro - French Playthrough: Turn Nine

Situation after turn eight
My activation dice land 5 and two 1s. I reroll them all, getting 6 and two 1s. I turn the wildcard 6 into a 3.
My artillery fire at the infantry ahead of them. The three dice are increased by one each for being on higher ground and for being next to General Junot, and by two for firing at close range. I roll two 5s, 3, 2 and three 1s, eliminating the enemy unit. The forward infantry in area 3 advance and fire at the two-strength Allied infantry, the two dice being reduced for firing after moving. I roll 4, forcing the enemy unit back  a hex. Junot advances to the edge of Vimeiro, and the backward infantry in area 3 advance.
It is looking good for the French cause, but the AI can still position its troops so as to have a shot at expelling whichever unit of mine, if any, occupies Vimeiro next turn
The AI gets 6, 4, 3 and 2, which means both its units will be activated.
The backward infantry advance and fire at my furthest-forward infantry, their three dice being reduced for firing after moving. They roll 6 and 5, eliminating my unit.
The other Allied infantry roll 5, meaning they move obliquely towards the artillery and fire at it. Their two dice are reduced for firing after moving, but they roll 6, reducing my artillery to one-strength.
Will the Allied infantry's late heroics be enough to win the battle for the Anglo-Portuguese?

No comments:

Post a Comment