Monday, November 20, 2023

Battle Of Sahagún - French Playthrough: Turn Four

Situation after turn three
My activation dice are two 5s and 1.
My one-strength cavalry attack the British left-flank cavalry, their two dice being increased for being next to General Debelle. I roll two 5s and 3, eliminating the British unit.
Lord Paget falls back one hex, then my three-strength cavalry fall back through Sahagún and charge the furthest forward British cavalry. Their four dice are increased by being next to the commander, I roll two 6s, two 5s and 3, eliminating the British unit.
The next half-turn promises to be crucial
The AI's activation dice are 6, 4, 3 and 2.
The forward British cavalry roll 4, meaning they move towards the nearest enemy, preferring to move vertically, and so attack my three-strength cavalry. Their four dice are reduced for attacking from a river. They roll 5, 2 and 1, reducing my unit to two-strength.
The other British cavalry roll 6, advancing on the nearest French, choosing the same target as has just been attacked as it is stronger than my other cavalry unit. Their four dice are reduced for attacking from a river hex. They roll 4 and two 3s, but there is no effect as the presence of General Debelle prevents retreating.
The battle around Sahagún is proving to be what the Battle of Sahagún is all about

No comments:

Post a Comment