Sunday, November 19, 2023

Battle Of Sahagún - French Playthrough: Turn Three

Situation after turn two
My activation dice land 4, 2 and 1. I reroll 2 and 1, getting 6 and 5.
My three-strength cavalry charge Lord Paget, their four dice being reduced for being in a river hex and because the British commander is in cover, but I roll 5 and 3, killing him. General Debelle enters Sahagún, and my right-flank cavalry attack the British left-flank cavalry. Their three dice are increased by being next to Debelle, I roll 5, 3, 2 and 1, reducing the enemy unit to two-strength.
My other cavalry attack the artillery, their three dice being increased for being next to Debelle but reduced for attacking from a river hex. I roll 6, 5 and 1, eliminating the artillery.
The number of units is equal, but the British lead on strength points 11-8
The AI gets 5, 3 and two 2s, meaning all British units can be activated without any need for rerolling.
The left-flank British cavalry attack the French cavalry to their front. Their three dice are reduced for attacking from a river hex. They roll 5 and 4, reducing my unit to one-strength, but not forcing it back as being next to the commander cancels this.
The middle unit in area 3 charges my left-flank cavalry, their four dice giving them 5, two 4s and 1. My unit is reduced to one-strength, but General Debelle's presence means it does not retreat.
The forward cavalry in area 3 attack the same unit, their four dice being reduced for attacking from a river hex. They roll 6, 5 and 1, eliminating my unit.
The other cavalry in area 3 advance obliquely two hexes to their left.
The British right-flank seems to have arrived with perfect timing


No comments:

Post a Comment