Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Summing Up My French Playthrough Of The Battle Of Vimeiro

I HAVE become used to exciting finishes to my battles from Mike Lambo's books, with the result hanging in the balance to the very end.
But I do not see how any refight could have kept the tension any longer than this one.
I guess in hindsight I may have left it a turn too late to concentrate my attention on securing the village of Vimeiro.
Perhaps I should have gone for it from the star,  rather than trying to take advantage of the high ground in my position.
Be that as it may, what I do know is I had a great time, with my only criticism being that in both Vimeiro playthroughs the AI struggled mightily to get its artillery properly into the battle.
The bottom line is the AI now leads our series 4-3 (this includes a scenario played twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment